You spend a third of your life sleeping, so make sure you’re sleeping in splendid cleanliness. All you’re going to need is a 16 oz box of baking soda, essential oil, and a vacuum.
- To start to flip the mattress, which you should be doing every 6 months anyway to extend the life of the mattress and prevent sagging. While you’re working on your mattress, wash your bedding, fluff your duvets or feather beds in the dryer.
- Get your baking soda and add 10 to 20 drops of your favorite essential oil to it. Close the box and shake it to distribute the oil and break up any large clumps. Lavender, sandalwood, and chamomile are all great soothing scents that are perfect for the bed. Essential oils are also natural antibacterial.
- Now sprinkle the entire box of baking soda over the bed. Next, you will massage the mattress if you have one gently rub the baking soda with the brush of your vacuum. Let the mixture sit for at least an hour.
- While you have the time wipe down the walls around your bed and bed frame using one-part lemon and one-part water in a spray bottle will create a nice clean sleeping area. After an hour, vacuum the mattress, taking your time to ensure all baking soda has been removed.
- Aside from freshening your bed, this will help lift dirt and residue while wicking away moisture. Giving your mattress, a good vacuuming will suck away any lurking dust mites, which helps everyone sleep easier. After everything is done make the bed and take a good nap, you deserve it.
Thank you for taking the time to check out our blog. We hope this tip is helpful to you and we hope you have a very happy holiday. Please keep an eye out for future tips and how to’s this 12 Days of Cleanness. Don’t forget to participate in our #RandomActsOfCleanness campaign this year by posting a video or image of you performing a random act of cleanness to Instagram with the tag #RandomActsOfCleanness and we will donate 5 dollars per post to the Salvation Army. Thank you and happy holidays!