Every year someone has that friend that has grand ideas about their New Year’s resolutions that seem impossible. While we love aiming for the stars, here are a few ideas on good resolutions you can achieve in 2018:
- Citrus or Bust – Our headquarters is based in the heart of the American citrus industry, Florida! Winter is one of the best times of the year to get grapefruits, clementines, and pomelo are all readily available. Winter citrus helps your skin glowing during those dark summer months, which aids in collagen production. As a matter of fact, an American Journal of Clinical Nutrition study found that people who consumed a lot of Vitamin C had fewer wrinkles and less age-related dry skin than those who did not. A few great recipes for some of our favorite citruses are Grapefruit with light sugar sprinkled on a half or clementines sections with pistachios sprinkled on.
- Green in the New Year – Having some easy to care for plants around the house is not only a great look for your home but beneficial to your health as well. Having indoor plants can lower stress and bring fresh air into your environment. Research shows that actively caring for plants calmed the autonomic nervous system and lowers blood pressure. One particularly great indoor plant are Succulents which are great air filter plants.
- Bring Some New Scents Into Home – Smell is directly connected to the part of your brain that process emotion and store memories, certain fragrances can affect your mood, according to olfactory expert Rachel Herz Ph.D., author of The Scent of Desire. Research shows that vanilla makes people relaxed and joyful, while peppermint boosts energy and lavender zaps stress.
- Sanitize Your Phone – You should be sanitizing your phone weekly. On average, we check their phones 47 times a day, according to a recent survey from professional services firm Deloitte. But that means phones carry about 10 times as much bacteria as toilet seats say Charles Gerba, Ph.D., a microbiologist, and professor at the University of Arizona.
- Start Listening to Podcasts – Listening to podcasts are fun, entertaining, and a great way to keep your brain going while doing chores or driving. Lauren Remy at FreshU gives us 7 reasons why you should listen to podcasts.
- You’ll become more imaginative
- You can learn new things
- Helps you utilize multitasking skills
- You will become a better listener
- Learn about other perspectives
- It’s a different kind of entertainment, much like the radio shows of old
- Allows you to explore new interests through the voice of an expert
Some good, entertaining, and funny podcasts we listen to are My Brother, My Brother and Me, The Daily Vee with Gary Vaynerchuk, Jordan Jesse Go!, Shmanners and so much more! Podcasts are easily accessible right from your phone through the iTunes store or google play store, you can also search a subject and podcasts in google and get a great list at your fingertips.
Going into a new year is always a fun and exciting time, giving you a great reason to go out of your way and try new things. Picking a reasonable resolution will keep your energy going and will subtly change your life before you know it. Health choices and clean living will help your mental stability and open your mind to new opportunities.